Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Thoughts on L.A. Noire

I know everyone has probably written something about this game, but they didn't write mine.

I picked up the game a couple of days ago, just to try it out. I've seen good reviews all around for L.A. Noire. Getting ratings as high as 9.5. This game deserves a high rating, no doubt about it. However, I don't think it should have gotten as high as it did. In my opinion, this game is a solid 8.5.

*Possible Spoilers*

L.A. Noire is based on a newly discovered detective, Cole Phelps. He's come home from WWII and is working as a detective for the LAPD. There are a couple of levels you make it to in the game. You go from a refusal policeman, Patrol, to Traffic, onto Homocide, Ad Vice, and finally Arson.

You work on cases trying to solve a murder, whilst getting achievement/trophies. If you're into that kind of stuff. Getting achievements should be easy if you do everything you're suppose to. You also have to keep in mind the amount of damage you're inflicting on your character, the vehicle, and also the city.

You get a maximum of five stars for correctly convicting a suspect and keeping the damage to a minimum. There are cases with multiple suspects. So if you convict the wrong suspect, you automatically get a maximum of three stars.

As you progress through the game, it gets harder. No different than any other game. Throughout the whole game, you'll be interrogating people. The only way to get the questions right is to rely on facial expressions. This is hard for some people. It's pretty difficult to explain how to do this.

Overall, the game is very fun and interesting. Especially if you like challenging games, with good stories, and meant for smart people. No offense to my intellectually challenged audience. So if I had to rare it, I'd give it an 8.5, like I said before. Only reason I lowered its score from 9.5 is because it glitches for me sometimes when I want to get an achievement. For instance, I had every vehicle unlocked, except one. Eventually I found the car, and I didn't get the achievement. I got the notification that showed me I had 100% of whiles found. (I don't remember the exact number, but you get the idea.) I was all pissed and junk because I didn't get the achievement, so I stopped playing for a long time. When I got back on the game, about a month later, I happen to find the car again. This time when I got into the car, I got the achievement.

If you have any questions, leave them in the comments section below. I'll get to them when I can.

And if you liked this, well, like it. :p

Thanks. :)

13 comments:

  1. I have yet to play this game, so I put this on to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome game, will have to try it out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to play this. have to wait my new pc, though....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it wasn't that bad in my opinion and also nice blog mate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This game looks hardcore. I'll check it out when my PS3 comes back to life...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kind of agree, Victor. I keep getting stuck in the game though :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. while the game was good i just hated the repetitious gameplay... like the blog +follow for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was alright, got extremely repetitive on the arson cases, which was a shame, the music was really good though, it managed to hit the nail with the graphics, design and everything at face value, but there really wasn't much depth to it, nothing to do outside the game.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you need to do one about the new silent hill 8 thats coming out pleeeaasssee!@ unless you did already :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an awesome game. I will have to consider purchasing it once I get some money.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Didn't check this out yet, probably gonna give this a try soon. Nice post btw!

    ReplyDelete